Saturday, August 11, 2012

Moving In to Aomori

On the morning of August 1st, I left Tokyo (and Kristin) behind and flew from Haneda Airport to Aomori. I and the 4 other new ALTs in Aomori city spent the next few days settling into our apartments, figuring out where all the local stores and restaurants are, establishing bank accounts and residency cards, and getting to know our coworkers and supervisors. The fact that I am in Japan and far away from home hasn't quite set in yet, but being away from Kristin is a constant painful reminder that my lifestyle has completely changed.

Here is a tour of my apartment:
Thanks for watching, and stay tuned for next time's Nebuta Festival coverage!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thats cute hahaha. You didnt give one of the pictures to Kristen? XD So party at your place when I go visit correct? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the toaster blew my mind! and i saw your phone, it looks fiiiine...

    ReplyDelete