Monday, February 11, 2013

Fall Foliage

Hi everyone!

I went back into the older posts, and noticed that I never wrote anything about the Fall foliage like I promised! Winter's already nearly over, but I'd still like to show you what the fall colors were like.

The leaves on the trees began changing around mid-October and remained until the end of November. I began to notice when the ginko trees turned a bright yellow hue and the hilly landscape behind the city morphed into a pastel of reds and oranges accenting the usual evergreens.

Path to Toyama Middle
On a weekend, I took the opportunity to travel to Hirosaki and view the foliage in the park that houses Hirosaki Castle. We had lots of opportunities for pictures:

Almost all the first years (from left to right): me, Eric, Ivonne, and Nico (no Tofu)


One of the remaining keeps.

The castle and moat.
That's all for now! Hopefully, next year I'll take more pictures in different locations (and not forget to upload them). See you next time!

3 comments: